Monday, June 20, 2011

IWU! WEEK FOUR with Harris Channing!

 This week my special guest is the talented author of six novels, Harris Channing and she will be discussing her latest release AN UNWILLING BARONESS. Harris Channing has traveled extensively around the Southern US and Europe and was kind enough to stop in for an interview. So let's meet novelist Harris Channing!

1 Tell us about your latest release.
That would be AN UNWILLING BARONESS.  It's the story of Lady Chloe Pembridge and her trip down the aisle.

2 How did you come up with the title of your book?
It just seemed to fit the story.  Titles are hard to come up it sometimes, I was glad this one wasn't!

3 What is AN UNWILLING BARNESS about?
How about I give you the blurb!  Three years ago, Chloe allowed her heart's desire to leave her. Now Jude is back, but between his mother, her father and the Baron von Richter, is she destined to become an unwilling baroness?

4 Tell us a little about any current works in progress.
I'm working an a erotic Regency at the moment, but I've ideas for a sequel to a paranormal romance and I'm also considering a sequel to Baroness…there's a character in the book who deserves a happily ever after!

5 What do you as an author find as the most challenging aspect of writing?
As much as I love to write, the truth is, I'm not the fastest writer in the world!  Making myself sit down and write is difficult, but when I'm in the zone, there's nothing better!

6 What are you currently reading?
I'm reading a book called SEEKING SPIRITS.  It's by the guys from that SYFY Ghost Hunters TV show.  It's some of their 'lost cases'.  It's an easy read and I'm enjoying it.  I like that spooky stuff…sometimes!

7 If you could coauthor a story with any writer out there—deceased or alive—who would it be? Or would you even consider collaboration?
I don't know who I'd like to write with.  I'd like to sit and talk with Catherine Cookson, just to get advice on writing and life in general. 

Would I consider collaboration?  I'm considering it right now.  A friend of mine asked me to work on a series with her. I haven't decided yet.  Not because I don't want to, but I don't want anyone depending on me to meet their deadline.  I'm a tortoise and I fear I would drive anyone collaborating with me nuts!

8 Writing can be very challenging—what do you do to just “get away” for a break every so often?
My husband and kids are very supportive.  But sometimes we've just got to get away.  For fun we visit and tour historic homes.  Just today we visited the James K. Polk home in Columbia, TN.  What a great tour!

9 What do you like LEAST about writing?
Rewriting!  No, that's not true, the third read through for typos, etc.  That is the worst.  Thank goodness for crit partners!

10 Any advice for beginning authors?
Read, write, find a crit partner or two you trust and just keep going.  Don't let rejection stop you.

11 Tell us about your other published works.
Besides AN UNWILLING BARONESS, I have a paranormal romance called THE DEMON IS IN TH DETAILS out there for purchase.  I also have a handful of erotic romances available.

12 How can readers contact you?
You can email me directly at harrischanning at yahoo dot com, or friend me on Facebook, (http://www.facebook.com/#!/harris.channing) or follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/harrischanning)!  You can also visit my website: http://harrischanning.com/ or my blog: http://harrischanningauthor.blogspot.com/

I'm not hard to find.  J

List of purchase links for your books.
Amazon.com-- 
http://www.amazon.com/Harris-Channing/e/B003WM5S64/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1

Barnes and Noble--
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/an-unwilling-baroness-harris-channing/1031203616?ean=2940012503909&itm=4&usri=harris%2bchanning

All Romance eBooks-- http://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html?searchBy=author&qString=Harris+Channing

And


Thanks for having me here today, Alan!  I appreciate your taking the time!

Harris.

My pleasure Harris and good luck with all your endeavors.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about writing slowly. I like to take my time, and then the edits can slow me down even more. But, I'm a perfectionist, and have this need to "do it right".
    Thanks for your insight in how you write. Writing slowly seems to be your pace and mine!

    ReplyDelete