Tuesday, September 13, 2011

IWU Blog Tour Welcomes Helmy Kusuma!

 This week it is my pleasure to welcome talented Indie author Helmy Kusuma. Helmy was born in Palembang, Indonesia and spent most of his childhood reading encyclopedias while fantasizing about Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek. These days, Helmy is no longer fantasizing but creating his own works of fiction.



1 Tell us about you upcoming release.
Cinta 3 Sisi is a romance novella to complete the story in Mementoes of Mai. At this time I am writing it not in English. I might translate it into English if passion permits. My next novel in English would be a science fiction adventure temporarily titled Inverta.

2 How did you come up with the title of your book?
Mementoes of Mai is a result of an exhausting search of genuine but simple word inside my before-titled 'ai is love'. A fellow writer guided me on this effort.
There Is Hope sort of popped itself up while I was imagining my short story.

3 What is Mementoes of Mai about?
'Mementoes of Mai' is about a story of deciding between passion and love while in 'There Is Hope' I am hoping to give a bit of smile amidst the chaos in the world today.

4 Did anything special inspire you to write this particular  story? Why?
The first one was inspired by my own experience when traveling to Viet Nam, while the second was inspired by the world's situation.  I want to share my impressions to the world.

5 Tell us a little about any current works in progress.
I will pass 'Cinta 3 Sisi' because it's for other audiences. Well, I am going to continue my science fiction after that. 'Inverta' is about a journey of a young man where suddenly an aged old secret fall on his lap, and this secret challenges his beliefs.

6 What do you as an author find as the most challenging aspect of writing? How do you deal with this?
The space between writing a piece and the next one. It's so chaotic. It makes you want to write the next one immediately, but, of course, you need a break, or else the characters will start invading your common sense.

7 What are you currently reading?
Citizen Zero by Mark Cantrell
Sin by Shaun Allan
Heavy stuff.

8 If you could coauthor a story with any writer out there—deceased or alive—who would it be? Or would you even consider collaboration?
Too many to mention!! Of course, A Flash of Inspiration, is my first collaboration, one among the many to come.

9 Writing can be very challenging—what do you do to just “get away” for a break every so often?
I watch movies which tend to sprout ideas. I eat fine foods. I meet people.
10 What do you like LEAST about writing?
The typing. Seriously. If words can just come straight out of your mind into the document.

11 Any advice for beginning authors?
Be persistent.

13 How can readers contact you?
Twitter : @hanzpk




And yes, Helmy is sponsoring a contest. Whoever comments will get a chance to win a copy of There is Hope.


 Thank you Helmy for stopping by this week and we hope to see more of your work in the future.





1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thank you very much for hosting me, Alan!
    You made me flying!!

    ReplyDelete